Monday, February 16, 2009

the Blessed hope

I was talking with Annalise in the car the other day, and we were talking about heaven. Now she has been quite interested in the subject for a while now. She has such a sweet love for the Lord and cant wait to see Him one day. So she proceeds to tell me how lucky I am to be able to see Him before she does. In her words " You are so lucky because I have to wait a long time to see Jesus and you get to see Him soon." So I keep listening, and she then says with much conviction " You are so lucky you will see Him soon because you are almost 100!" Ugh!! (Out of the mouth of babes!)

7 comments:

Jordan@Me and My 8 said...

I know mom. You are so old. I can't believe you were still having babies in your 70's. Ugh that is SO old testament!!! :) If you are old, then I am old. Ok that made no sense but hopefully you found deep comfort in it.

Jacque said...

OMG, that would make me 92!!!!! OUCH, I thought I was feeling my age recently!! I have been creaking and I never knew why! Now I know! Thanks Annie for clarifying that for me!

Debbie said...

LOL!!!! Sounds like what Andrew & his friend Kristin said when they were little. Since they sat with each other so often people would ask them if they were going to get married. They said no, not till they were older. So we asked if it will be when they were 12 (teasing of course). No they they said much older. So we asked if it would be when they were 15 - no older. So we said 20? No again, then we asked if it would be when they were 40 to which they turned to us & said, "Of course not, we'll be dead by then!"!!!

Nicky said...

so sweet and yet funny

Vicki said...

Deb-that is a hoot! It does explain all the stiffness and aches and pains. Maybe rigarmortus has set in when I didnt even know I was dead!

Danielle said...

she is just too funny! i know it won't be long and i'll be told stuff like that. kids make life so much more fun!

Danielle said...

i've had another u/s since that post at my 12 week appt and the hemmorhage was gone! i'll have my gender u/s at 20 weeks around the end of march. i can't wait!