Happy spring and happy Easter everyone! This Easter I was so much more aware of the crucifiction as a plan that absolutely from the foundations of the world was ordained by God and had to be accomplished. As I watched "The passion of the Christ " (which I havent seen since the first time I watched it in 2004 or 2005-I cant remember) it was like seeing it again for the first time but seeing it differently also. It was very brutal and as I started just feeling so frustrated and angry for Jesus-I had to keep reminding myself that He could have called down a legion of angels to to show His absolute power at any time. SO I had to keep in mind the ramifications of what would happen if He DIDNT go through with it. SO I am so very thankful for all He edured for me and you. I cannot wrap my mind around it-what amazing love He has for us. What forgiveness and freedom,healing (the list goes on and on) and the most awesome gift of eternal life. And because of His resurrection we do not have to fear death. It is death that ushers us in to the very presence of this God who loves us more than we have the capacity to understand. He is so Holy and yet He loves us and does everything in our lives to keep us as close to Him as we will choose to be. May we take this Easter and keep His love and mission here on Earth till He comes or we see Him face to face. God bless you all-love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I don't think we give God credit enough for all that He does for us. I know I don't. We watched it again (I only do once a year so as to not become desensitized to it) &, of course I cried at the cruelty He went through on our behalf. I love your sermonette! Thanks for sharing it!
Amen! I agree, we don't give God enough for what He did for us! How can our simple praises & worship ever be enough? It can't! BUT God gives us His Grace to draw us in & save us from eternal damnation! THANK YOU JESUS!!
Post a Comment